Friday, April 24, 2015

Life Interrupts

      Our lives experienced a very sad interruption.  One of my children has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease.
      My life seemed to come to a total stop.  One has concerns about having this disease as old age approaches.  But NO ONE ever expects it to strike their children.  It becomes extremely complicated as well as heart braking. After all there are children involved.  In fact so many people seem to be caught up in this tragedy it's hard to even know where to begin.
      For several weeks I couldn't stop tears.  He was so smart.  So talented.  Why him? He had so much going for him. He had a good job and was a talented musician. I watched him at his last performance with his band.  He looked so happy when he played.  But he had to get help finding the right fret for each piece.  A stranger might not notice his difficulties, but I saw them....!  He still has love to give, to me, to his 2 year old granddaughter, to his cats.  Now he is giving talks to groups about what it's like to have this illness.  Why?  "I'm an analyzer. I analyze."
     But I no longer want to paint landscapes.  I want to go back to my weirder subjects dealing with emotions.  If you have seen my website, you can see what I mean.  If not, stay tuned. ..

No comments: